Saturday, March 06, 2010

It is so exhausting working full time- as a middle school teacher- and raising twins. Wow. I feel like I can never catch up with cleaning, or anything else. Weekends are for running errands and grocery shopping. I am so looking forward to my break!

I honestly don't even know how I do it. I was thinking about it the other day. This week, Monday felt like it should be Friday. Worked all day, then took the girls to the doctor. S. needed an xray of her lungs. M. was diagnosed with an ear infection! That totally caught me by surprise! I'm thinking it just started though, because that night she started pulling at her ear. Then S. had to get a breathing treatment and we had to pick up meds for everyone. We didn't even get home until a little after 7 pm. Talk about exhausted.

It definitely doesn't get easier with twins- just different. Still, with all the melt downs (which are daily these days), I still like toddlers better than newborns! Some things are easier- they can feed themselves, walk to the car, but other things are more difficult- they are independent, stubborn, have melt downs for no apparent reason.

And then something so cute and heartwarming happens and you forget your exhaustion. I love having my girls so much.

4 comments:

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

I don't know how you do it either! I complain about being exhausted too but I only work part time. And my nanny cleans house when the kids are asleep! But I still have boatloads of things to do...

But like you say - it's well worth it!

Rebecca said...

Ugh...newborns! Not my cup of tea (maybe it's a twin Mom thing).

Sorry they're sick, but I hope they're on the mend now.

Is there any way you can get a cleaning service every other week or so? It might alleviate some of your housecleaning issues. Some are pretty reasonable.

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

Sorry to hear that the girls are both sick- hopefully they get better soon! I keep looking at your ticker- I can't believe that they are already going to be 2 in a few weeks- seems like just yesterday they were born...any way- you are an amazing Mom and the girls are so lucky that they belong to you- I know that you get tired and such- but like you said they are worth it. Hang in there- take care- you are always in my thoughts.

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

I know I missed it by a few days- Happy 2nd Birthday Miss Maya and Miss Sophia! Hugs to you both!