Monday, July 25, 2011

Toddler Bed Update

It's been a little over a month since we switched to the toddler beds. IT's still pretty insane. Most nights, I have to lie down with them until they fall asleep. And they won't go to sleep until it is fairly dark outside. So our bedtime routine- I mean process- usually goes like this:
* brush teeth, use potty, get jammies on
* story, or 3
* girls get in bed, I lie down next to them
* 5 seconds later, I'm telling them again to lie down
* repeat
*repeat
* repeat, threaten to leave
* actually leave
* go back when they start beating each other up
* repeat all of this until it is almost 8 pm. Then, they will lie down, and eventually fall asleep.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Why are there so many "repeats" with twins parenting??? LOL...sounds like you've got your routine down pat!

I'm still too much of a wimp to let them out of their cribs...they were all over the place when I let them sleep on mattresses at my Mom's house.