It's been a little over a month since we switched to the toddler beds. IT's still pretty insane. Most nights, I have to lie down with them until they fall asleep. And they won't go to sleep until it is fairly dark outside. So our bedtime routine- I mean process- usually goes like this:
* brush teeth, use potty, get jammies on
* story, or 3
* girls get in bed, I lie down next to them
* 5 seconds later, I'm telling them again to lie down
* repeat, threaten to leave
* actually leave
* go back when they start beating each other up
* repeat all of this until it is almost 8 pm. Then, they will lie down, and eventually fall asleep.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Saturday, July 02, 2011
Yes. The toddler beds are STILL giving me grief. Ok, the beds themselves aren't, but it is still a struggle. There were a couple nights that were fine. Then, there are the horrendous nights where one wants to go to sleep, and the other just wants to run in circles. Pair that with super stressful work, and it is not a good combo! I think we have been in toddler beds for what, 2 weeks now? Feels like an eternity though.