Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...Hello 2012!

I have been away a long time! Work has been crazy, so I haven't had the time or energy to post anything. This school year has been difficult and not good at all. I cannot wait for it to be over, and I don't think I've said that before in the 10 years I've been teaching! I think with the economy, more and more kids are having major issues at home, and when you get to know students and are trying to teach them, well, it wears on you. Top that with no permanent administrators, and it's not a good thing. But enough about work!

The girls turned 3 this year, which was exciting. Yes, 3s are rougher than 2s! With the 3s, it was like they were bipolar. It has gotten a little better, but there are still major mood swings! It has been awesome seeing M & S grow up. They are so big now and becoming these little, interesting people.

I don't think I've gotten any twin comments this year at all. It's funny, when they are infants, you get so many comments, many of them not welcome, and then it diminishes. Which is totally fine, I just think it is interesting. It is so much easier now that my girls are older. While I still prefer to go shopping alone- it is so much quicker! I can take them shopping by myself, and it's not that big of a pain. Not like it was when they were 2 and under. Pretty much everything has gotten easier. The tantrums are not fun, but once you know the best way to handle them for each (because oh, they respond SO differently to things!), it gets easier.

I noticed someone asked me a question on my last post, and I never answered it! So I will now. They asked about how long I kept the girls together in a crib when they were infants.

I had a full size co-sleeper that they both slept in for a long time. I think I kept them both in it together until about 4 months, when they started rolling over. And even after that I would have them nap in it. We had 2 cribs set up from the start, but didn't need them right away. They slept in the same crib until they started really rolling around, probably around 5 months. Before that, sometimes I would have one sleep in the crib and one in the co-sleeper. It just depended on what they needed. The best lesson I ever learned being a twin mom: You do what works for YOU! People will give you suggestions, which are great, but you need to find what works for you and your babies and stick with it. Good luck!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

"Bipolar" is a word that I've used to describe the Crazies many many times! It's just spot-on.

Happy New Year to you...may this year bring you permanent administrators (what a mess)!

buytablefortwo.com said...

Hi, I wanted to share my new invention with you that I just launched for bottle feeding twins. My identical twin girls are two years old now but this was my absolute lifesaver for the first year! I would love if you could share it with your followers as I know it will help so many! Please check out my site at www.buytablefortwo.com. I always enjoy reading your blog! Thank you so much!

Muneer Hussian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Best Stuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Best Stuff said...

Haha, that's really cool :)
thetwinstroller.com

Unknown said...

My husband and i got married in september 2009, after our wedding we expected the fruit of the womb but it wasn't forthcoming, so we went to different hospitals and met with different doctors yet nothing happened. in 2015, when i was surfing online i came in contact with Mother Iya fertility help. we engaged in all the outreached of she helping me get pregnant and prayed kingdom advancement prayers. Towards the end of 2015 , the doctor scheduled us for assisted conception but i refused to be used as an object of experiment anymore at the hospital. As i read Mother Iya testimonies of women she had help. i took five days to apply what she told me and use her herbs she sent me.and i remeber what Mother always say to me that you can ride on people's testimonies and it will be replicated in your life. So, i heard a testimony that struck me and the testifier also rode on another testimony. i did what Mother Iya told me and 2015 would be my last without a child. With that faith and agreement with my husband, i apply the herbal remedy and sacrifices done.in Febuary 2016, to the glory of God, i became pregnant and in October 2016, i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy. i have to give thanks to Mother Iya for the glory she uses for breaking the yoke of barrenness in my marriage. nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com and +441133201124