Thursday, September 28, 2006

HSG

I know I haven't updated in awhile. I told you I am bad at this! Anyway, yesterday I had my HSG (hysterosalpingogram). Boy that was fun. NOT. Basically what they do is insert a catheter into your cervix, blow up a little balloon and then shoot xray fluid in there to see if your tubes are blocked. Man, is it painful!

The worst was when they blew up the balloon. That really hurt and then they expected me to slide backward! I could barely move because it hurt so bad. I moved back and after a bit the pain subsided a little. However, at that point I just wanted it to be OVER and I thought it was taking them too long to get the dye ready to shoot up me. Finally, they did the dye. That hurt too. During the HSG, I got all sweaty, dizzy, and nauseous and thought I was going to pass out! I didn't, I got to see my tubes and that was pretty interesting, if only I wasn't in so much pain! The good news is my tubes are open and everything looks good!

They took everything out, but then I started feeling sweaty, dizzy, and nauseous again! I had to lay there for a long time. I felt bad because I was taking up their room, but they really didn't want me passing out. So, I stayed. I was probably in there for 15 min. or so, even though it felt like an hour! Finally I was good to get up. I'm glad I had my husband with me!

The other good part about having this done is that it cleans everything out and your chances for getting pregnant increase. I hope it works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things were clear inside. I really hope this is your month. I have been following your story since last year on NI. It is so obvious how much you want this and I sincerely hope this is your month. Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

I just had my HSG done too, yikes, not fun right! I think I was luckier than you - mine didn't hurt nearly as much as I had anticipated. I just wanted to wish you good luck on this cycle - I hope you get the lucky post-HSG BFP!!!