Thursday, November 09, 2006

New Plan

I didn't write about this last cycle. I'm not sure why. My emotional side effects were really bad on the clomid last cycle. Before, I had been depressed and emotional, pretty standard for clomid. However, I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for years now. I have a feeling my mood swings on clomid are probably more intense than most people's. Last cycle, I was doing fine. Then I had a very stressful week at work, which probably contributed. At the end of the week, I pretty much broke down. It was nothing like before. I had been upset on clomid before, but this was way worse. I had to call my husband to come home because I thought I might hurt myself. It was that bad.

Of course, I did not tell my OB because I saw no point. After that day I thought I could handle it again. I had to. I'm not going to ovulate any other way. I did tell my psychologist though. She asked if she could call my OB and talk to him about getting on an antidepressant while on the clomid. I went off of antidepressants a year ago because I did not want to TTC while on them. I know that some studies show that some antidepressants are "safe" but I don't trust that. I mean, look at me, I can't ovulate on my own after coming off BCP's even though all the studies say BCPs won't affect fertility! Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to go on antidepressants just for a month or two while I get through the clomid. So I let her talk to my OB.

Finally, after playing phone tag with my OB, I finally got him on the phone. I explained to him how it was and his suggestion was to move on to injectables. He said he would not prescribe antidepressants to anyone TTC because there is research that shows it could be harmful. My OB does not do injectables, so he is referring me to the RE!! I am VERY excited about that! I'm also glad I won't have to do clomid again, though I'm scared about injectables. I hate needles. Hopefully it won't be too bad, though I don't know if I will be able to inject myself. I'm just happy I finally get to see the RE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting to an RE! Sorry to hear about the mood swings. I agree with not taking anything while TTC or when you are PG, it is just not worth the risk to the baby. Not that this compares to mood issue's but I had HORRIBLE, heartburn and acid reflux when I was PG, almost unbearable, but I refused the take the medication the DR's wanted to give me...I don't trust it.