Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yawn!

Nothing much going on here. I started the provera yesterday and I'm not temping. I'm not sure that I will temp this cycle. OPK and the ovwatch should be more than enough!

I was trying to save this blog only for TTC issues, but since my TTC life is so BORING right now, I'll discuss other issues. I got a new position! I'm really excited! I will be a Literacy Coach at a different middle school. I will also be teaching 2 support classes. It would be nicer if I could coach all day, but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? For the coaching part, I'm pretty sure I will be helping content area teachers use strategies to help their students read and write better. I think I will also be planning some professional development for the staff. This is what I've wanted to do for awhile, so I am excited! Not sure when I start, they have to find a replacement for me at my current school first.

I am really sad about leaving my current students. It sucks to leave in the middle of the year! Right when we were getting comfortable with each other, and when they are finally getting into a rhythm. But, this was an opportunity I could not pass up! I am especially worried about one student in particular. He is awful in most teacher's classes. Rude and disruptive, but in my class he's OK. Not a "perfect" student, but he has never once been rude to me. And he is not that disruptive. So I'm really worried how he will act when I'm gone. I just don't want him in the office all the time. He needs to be in class. They better hire someone good to fill my spot!

No comments: