Saturday, July 24, 2010

Potty training is not going so well. Yesterday, I put M in big girl undies. She did very well for the first hour, but I noticed she became less and less excited to sit on the potty every 15 min. Then, she had a slight accident, but she knew she did and got on the potty. A little later, however, she had an accident and didn't seem to care. By this time, she did NOT want to sit on the potty, so I backed off.

Today, pull ups. I asked her every so often if she wanted to sit on the potty, or if she had to go potty. The answer was always, "No." Until right before nap, she wanted to sit on the potty! And she peed! We cheered, and after nap, she did not want o go on the potty. So, I figure we will do the laid back approach and maybe in a couple weeks we will try undies again. I know I should not push her though because she will do the opposite. She does this a lot at meals. She will refuse the bib. I tell her she can't eat until she wears the bib. And still, she refuses. But when I tell her, "When you are ready to put on the bib, you can eat" and walk away, she lets me put it on after about 1 min. It has to be her idea, or she won't want to do it!

No comments: