Friday, November 21, 2008

It's been awhile! I have been super busy at work and then at home- with non-sleeping babies! I'm not sure what is going on with them. Maybe it is because they are learning so many new skills at once. Maybe they are teething. But, I always think they are teething and there is still no sign of any teeth! Is it even possible to teethe for so long without having teeth pop through?

Usually from about 6 pm-9 pm the girls sleep very well. After that, they start fussing and waking. Their paci falls out, they fuss. I go in and replace it- even though they are able to put it back in, somehow they forget this when they are half asleep. Then around 11 pm one, or both, wakes and starts crying. Loudly. Maya I think cries because she knows I will come in. She instantly falls asleep when I hold her. But when I try to put her back in her crib, she screams. I have been ending up with Maya in my bed. Now, I do like this usually. However, when she sleeps with me I have to hold the same position- so after awhile it is not the most comfortable thing. But I do love sleeping with her!

When Sofia wakes, usually nothing can calm her down. I usually end up feeding her, and I do think she is hungry. Usually after I feed her she can get back to sleep. Sometimes it takes awhile though. The other night, both were screaming at the same time. Hubby helped me, so that was good, but I really don't like hearing 2 screaming babies at the same time. I hate it because I can only soothe one at a time, unless Hubby is helping. So, I haven't been getting much sleep. I usually first sleep for about 2 hours, then wake for an hour or so, then get more sleep, 4 hours if I'm lucky. I had a brief period of heavenly sleep, when the girls were sleeping through the night. I think I even wrote about how lucky I was they were such good sleepers! I spoke too soon.

Even though I'm getting little sleep, I am really enjoying the girls right now! They are doing so much. Maya, like I said before, is crawling. She also now can pull herself to standing, and it is her favorite thing to do. If I am sitting on the floor with them, she crawls right over and pulls up on me. I also think she was giving me kisses today! When she was standing, her face was in front of me and she would bring her head close to me and put her mouth on my cheek. Then, I would give her a kiss, and she would do it again! It was so freaking cute! Both girls are saying "baba."

Sofia is army crawling. She is also still rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, but to get around she has learned army crawling works best for her. She can also sit, but hasn't figured out how to put herself in a sitting position.

I have plenty more I want to write about, but I'm too tired at the moment to write. And a baby is screaming! To be continued...

3 comments:

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs said...

Heather,

FYI, my hubby and I heard a talk last night by Kim West, the author of Good Night, Sleep Tight. Her sleep training sounds very interesting - not as "tough love" as Ferber or Weissbluth. I believe she said 6-9 months is the best time to start... I'm ready to start now (with 5 week olds!) Good luck getting more sleep... I feel for you!

Rebecca said...

OMG...they sound so cute...you have to take some pictures!

Mrs. Piggy said...

oh god, no....no!!! this getting up at night thing seems to never end...how come its only people on the internet that dont have babies sleeping through the night? everyone i know in person just gasps when i tell them mine do maybe only half the time!