Thursday, January 04, 2007

RE Visit!

Let me just say, that I feel SO much better now that I am at the RE!!!! The visit was great. She explained everything very thoroughly. She suspected I had PCOS, but unlike my first OB, wanted to confirm with tests! So while there, I got an ultrasound and I do indeed have the "string of pearls" I also had a larger cyst on an ovary that was not water filled, so she is going to watch it. I go back in 2 weeks and hopefully it will have gone away. I'm a little worried about it, but she told me not to worry. But of course, I WILL worry.

So I do have PCOS, but am getting more blood work done tomorrow. The blood work my OB had me do was not all of the b/w she needs to see about PCOS. I will start on metformin, and a side effect is losing weight, oh darn (sarcasm). I'm a little worried about some of the other side effects, but I will have to do some research and see how to lessen those with diet and whatever else. Then, it is up to me if I want to wait on injects or start right away. I think I want to start right away. I am NOT patient especially since I've been trying for almost a year and a half and have only ovulated twice.

I am feeling SO much more optimistic! I really like the RE, she is great and the staff is wonderful too!

1 comment:

PCOS Fund for Laser said...

The website http://www.pcosfund.com collects charitable donations towards the 'fund'. The fund pays for laser treatment for women with PCOS with the hopes of permanently getting rid of their facial hair, and restoring their dignity!

If you know somebody with PCOS who can benefit from the http://www.PCOSfund.com which pays for laser treatment, please contact us info@pcosfund.com .

Thank you for the honor!