Monday, June 16, 2008

The Girls' Personalities

Maya
Maya is my little wiggle worm sweetie. She is very easy going and hardly cries. When she does cry, it is a very sad cry. She also pouts while crying, and it is very cute. Many times, even though she is crying, she will also smile! She will be crying and I will look at her and all of a sudden she will start smiling. She loves to smile, and it just melts my heart! Maya also likes to kick her legs and move her arms around. I swear once she starts crawling she will always be on the go!

Sofia
Sofia is mommy's cuddle bug. She is very needy and much more difficult. She cries a lot more than Maya and loves to be near me! She is not squirmy at all, and in a way, more chill than Maya- except when she gets mad! When I wake her up in the morning, she doesn't really wake up and just lays on my chest and cuddles. She is also a good sleeper. When I can finally get her to sleep, she sleeps very soundly.

They are both so different, and I love it!
~~~~~

I took the girls to get 2 more shots today. We are spacing them out, following the vaccine schedule that is in the book, The Vaccine Book. At first, I thought Sofia was not going to cry because she didn't start crying until after the shots! She didn't cry too much, until I put her back in her car seat to get Maya. Then she started screaming! Poor baby! The nurse was great and held Sofia while I held Maya- who started crying right away.
They were weighed too:
Maya: 9 lbs 11 oz.
Sofia: 11 lbs. 14 oz.

They are getting big! I just bought some size 2 diapers for Sofia today. They are growing up so quickly.

2 comments:

Mrs. Piggy said...

So nice to see you post. Please tell me this gets easier. Mine are 2wks 2 days old and its so hard...Especially the nights now that my husband is back to work...

At what point will it start getting "easier"? Soon? Can you at least lie to give me hope :D

We need updated pictures of the girls!

Davies Family said...

Wow they sure have grown since I brought you that Pat and Oscars so long ago!!!

Glad to see you are getting out and about with them now days.

Hope the vaccines weren't too traumatic for them.