Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just when you think you have everything down and the girls are being really good and sleeping well, and you think to yourself, "Oh this is getting easier!" It all goes downhill!

The past few days have been really good. Sofia had been sleeping well, Maya not sleeping as much but she wasn't fussy either. Last night I didn't get to bed until 11. Hubby took the day off so I could go to my twins group so he stayed up with them and did the 2 am feeding. At 3 am he brought them in so he could go to sleep, but Sofia was not asleep! I had to soothe her, which didn't take long thankfully. About an hour later, Maya started flailing and grunting. That kept me up. I finally put her next to me in bed and got maybe another hour or so of sleep. So today I've been super tired and the girls have not been sleeping! They took maybe 1 hour in the morning, 30 min. while I vacuumed, and Sofia got another 30 min. in the afternoon. So no nap for me! Maya is now asleep, but I've been trying to get Sof to sleep for 1 1/2 hours now. My advice to new twin moms: don't get too comfortable when they start napping well because it can all change in an instant! Maybe tomorrow they will nap better.

On a positive note, Sofia was trying to laugh today and it was really cute! The first time she tried, it sounded funny. Then I laughed back at her and she laughed again and it sounded more like a real laugh. We did this for a little while.

Tomorrow is a new day and I WILL get out this week.

No comments: