Monday, September 08, 2008

I survived the weekend!

Hubby was away at a snake convention. Well, a reptile convention if you want to get technical, but the part he likes is the snakes. I know I must have written about the snakes before. But did I write about how he was trying to breed them, and for a long time it was unsuccessful, but now we have baby snakes. Oh yay. I think there are 6. Maybe 7. Now, he says he will sell them. Then I won't mind quite as much because I made him promise we would use that money for the girls. But he has to get them to eat before he can sell them. So have they eaten? Of course not! So they sit in our house along with the 8 other full grown snakes. Did I mention our condo is only 1100 square feet? Or that I'm terrified of snakes? Luckily 4 of them I can't see. They in drawer type things.

Anyway, he was away at that convention and I had to take care of the girls alone. I was scared. But it was fine! Better than fine- it was great! I let myself actually relax instead of worrying about cleaning and running errands, which is what I normally do on the weekends. It was so nice to get to relax and just play with my girls. And it wasn't much different from when hubby is home since he is gone most of the time anyway.

As for work, I don't even want to talk about it. It is stressful and busy. So busy. But at least when I'm busy the day goes by fast.

2 comments:

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

You have snakes?! I don't recall you ever talking about the snakes before- being completely terrified of those lovely little creatures I think I would remember you saying that you lived with them- I am sorry for you, but if they are kept in another room and they will now bring in extra money, ok- what can we do with our hubby's hobbies?
I am so happy for you that you made it through the weekend by yourself- that is awesome! You are doing great! Enjoy those beautiful girls, can't wait to see more pics as they are going to be getting into cute fall wear soon! Take care, sending you lots and lots of love!

Anonymous said...

My almost 20 y/o brother who still lives at home also got himself a snake, a baby python... yuck. He's thinking of getting a female and breeding them but I am not asking for details on that one, LOL. He feeds it live mice.... and I am not watching that either!