Thursday, July 19, 2007

So, I finished the book. I have mixed emotions about it. In one way, it is inspiring! However, it came off to me like she was preaching about changing your diet and doing visualization INSTEAD of medical intervention. Well, honestly, she got LUCKY when she had her second baby. Her FSH was 30 when she conceived. Yes, she lowered it by her diet and herbs, but it wasn't just that.

I'm convinced that there is something else that goes on when you conceive. You can have the most perfect timing, nothing wrong with you, nothing wrong with the sperm, and still not conceive. And other times, you do conceive. I don't think the numbers have everything to do with it, but neither does diet and visualization. If it did, the drug addicts and junk food addicts would never get pregnant. But they do. Plenty.

At the very end of the book, she does talk about listening to your body, and doing what YOU believe is best. This I agree with! I wish that message had come across clearer throughout the entire book. It didn't though - it was more say no to medical intervention! And I really don't agree with that.

So overall, I'm glad I read her book. It wasn't as great as many had made it out to be, but it was a good read and a bit inspiring.

On a side note, I decided to try to eat yogurt again today. I haven't been able to eat it since I started taking metformin, but I figured, hey, it should be fine, I've been taking the metformin a long time. So I got all natural granola and made a parfait thing. It did not sit well with me!! I was on the toilet and now I have horrible heartburn! Guess I cannot have yogurt ever. It's weird because other dairy I an handle just fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try Activa. I am 2000 mgs of Met, and tolerate that just fine. It has something in it that is to help the digestive tract...so that may be all you need.

SULLY said...

Ok I really have to remember to change to my posting name BEFORE posting!