Thursday, December 13, 2007

24 weeks!

I had an OB appointment yesterday. It was at 11:00 am, and I the going in in the middle of the day because my OB is always backed up! Wasn't too bad this time, but I like much better earlier in the morning! Anyway, I thought he was going to do measurements of the girls, but no. He said he would next time. So no pictures. Boohoo! He was pretty fast too, so I didn't get as good of a look at them as I like. But, they look even more like babies now! I can't remember if I posted about it, but last week I was laying on the couch and the side of my stomach popped out. I felt it, and it felt like a head! Well, it was! Last time, Maya was breech, and now she is not. So I know that was when she flipped. Crazy!! So now they are snuggled up close, although it did look like one was about hit the other in the head with her hand!

I've been having some Braxton-Hicks. Not very many, and only after I've been active, and my OB said not to worry. He said if they come with pain or don't go away with rest or are a lot more frequent, then to call. That was good to hear. My cervix is great, so at this point I can still do whatever I want! It was also nice that he said at this point it is up to me when I want to stop work! He will approve it! So, theoretically, I could stop tomorrow! That was really nice to know, because I wasn't sure about when I'd go out or anything. Originally, I wanted to try to make it to March 1. But I will be 35 weeks at that point. Judging from how I'm feeling this week, there is no way I will still be able to work at 35 weeks! So, if everything continues to go well, maybe I will shoot for stopping work between 30 and 32 weeks.

LAst weekend we ordered the cribs! I wanted to order the dresser at the same time, but no. Babies R Us had none in the warehouse and apparently they will not place orders unless they have it at the warehouse. Which makes no sense to me, but hey, that's Babies R Us! I did call earlier this week and they said I could order it starting on Saturday. So that's the plan! It will be so exciting to get some furniture in the nursery!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, that's cool that you saw when she flipped! :D

Sorry you're having to revise your plans for work.... but it's good you're able to be flexible and just take the time off when you need it.

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh how cool.. to feel the flips. Grats on ordering your cribs and good luck on the dressers

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

I know this seems weird...but your pg seems to be going so quickly! I know you probably don't feel quite that way lol :) I am so glad that you are feeling great and the girls are doing so well- I can't wait to see new 'pic' of them. Which cribs did you pick out? It will be so exciting to see them all put together in the nursery with everything else that you have already done! Just think by this time next year you will be chasing around two little rugrats crawling or even walking/running into all of your holiday decorations! Take Care! Sending you lots of love!

Me said...

Time sure is flying...

singletracey said...

Gosh time is going quickly.. well at least watching you it goes quickly.. probably not so much so for you ;-)

Have fun ordering up the furniture!!