Saturday, December 29, 2007

26 weeks

Had my OB appointment on Thursday. Everything looked good, pretty much. My cervix is fine, which is great! Both of the girls are still head down too. I liked that my OB wants to do vaginal is they stay head down. He said that having 2 and recovering from a C-section is not good, and I agree! I've heard too many stories about OBs who just jump to C-section. Glad I don't have one like that!

He also did measurements. Both girls' weights are perfect - 1 lb 14 oz. and 2 lbs! He did say that Sofia's head was a little big and her abdomen a little small. This is worrying me since we had a bad NT scan. He said it wasn't abnormal, but now I'm just really worried. Maya's measurements were great.

The nursery is all set up, and I will post pictures later!

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Can't wait for pics..GLad your Dr is on board with your wants! Try to remember - if your dr isn't worried, no need for you to ;) That's what i keep telling myself

MichelleAnn said...

Glad to hear that the girls are growing so nicely! Don't worry about the head/abdomen measurements! If your doc was worried at all he would have ordered more testing. Ultrasound measurements are pretty good, but not exact. I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery. I would have loved to have done a girlie nursery, but our house is only two bedrooms so I had to do something neutral (I ended up leaving up the Winnie the Pooh from my first son). When we get a bigger house, my Ava is getting a girlie room!!!!

Glad to hear that your doctor isn't "c-section happy." All my doctors said they would let me try a vaginal delivery as long as Baby A was heads down. Hopefully your girls stay put!!

Me said...

Can't wait to see the pics!

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

I hope the girls stay head down- the first time I saw a vaginal twin delivery last year- it was absolutely amazing! Much better than the c-sect that I helped with in nursing school- just because Mom was more involved with the entire process- and it was just awesome to see! I still get chills everytime I witness a delivery and twins are even more special. I have to agree with everyone else- listen to your doc- I know that it is hard especially after trying for so long- but try to relax- sometimes the u/s measurements don't tell the whole picture. Hang in there!