Sunday, December 16, 2007

Stretch Marks

They are here. Stretch marks. Of course, I knew it was more than likely going to happen, but I held out hope! My mom never got any stretch marks with her three pregnancies. Of course, she also was never pregnant with twins! They aren't too bad yet, but I did notice the beginnings of some new ones today. I have read about women who are pregnant with twins who do not get any stretch marks until late - like 35 weeks! I think I would rather get mine early! Because if you get them at 35 weeks, I know I would be thinking, "wow! I didn't get any! It's almost time to give birth and I didn't get any!" Then, I would get some, and it would be an even bigger shock! So, I'm not happy about the stretch marks, but I'm not devastated either. I mean, I knew they could happen. It's all a part of the experience!

Hubby is making me laugh. He is totally nesting! His project this weekend was to paint the closet doors he made for the nursery. So, I thought that was ALL he was going to do, but apparently not! He took Friday off of work and did finished painting over the patch in the wall in our bedroom. Then, I thought he would start the closet doors. Nope! Instead, he caulked all of our trim around the house and painted the trim! Sure, it needed it, but it was a lot more work than just painting the doors! Saturday he started the doors. They are painted now and look great! I just find it amusing that he is nesting so much.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I am sorry you are getting stretch marks - but i do enjoy reading that your hubby is nesting, lol that is good stuff

Natalie said...

That is way too cute about your hubby!! I wish mine would nest, LOL.

Sorry on the stretch marks. But I totally see your point! I know mine are coming, and probably late in the game just to surprize me. ;)

MichelleAnn said...

I've never heard about not getting stretch marks until 35 weeks. I delivered my twins at 33 weeks, 5 days (so maybe I didn't get far enough along to get a lot of them?). The only place I got them was on my left thigh (my guess is because I had to lay on my left side in the hospital for 9 weeks and also laying down for that long may have helped prevent some too?). I look at my thigh as my battle wounds from pregnancy. My cousin had twins and got a ton of them (she carried her boys to 37 weeks!). Her doctor made her gain a ton of weight though. Her belly was shaped like a huge football!!

Glad to hear your husband has been "nesting." I bet you guys are getting really excited! People say so many things about how hard having twins is, but I love it! I feel so blessed to have them. It can be hard sometimes, but it really is double the fun. My husband and I laugh so much. One of the kids is always doing something to crack us up. It's like we have our own little comedy club! (sorry for such a long comment!)

Me said...

I love it when DH's fix stuff!

Sofeeuh said...

Just a tip that might help, my co-worker had twins and said she swore by cocoa butter. Used it obsessively during her pregnancy and said her stretch marks were minimized!