Friday, April 04, 2008

Don't have much time before the next feeding!

MIL is gone. Thank god. Basically, she was NOT much of a help at all. Hubby had even talked to her before she came about what would be helpful to me - cleaning, cooking, stuff like that. He told her I could take care of the girls while she did other stuff. And she agreed. Well, that did not happen. Sure, it was nice to only bottle feed one, but it would have been more helpful if she would have COOKED. I cooked, made my own meals. She didn't even have suggestions. But that wasn't the worst of it.

One night, I really needed sleep so she said she would take the 11:00 feeding so I could sleep. The girls would sleep in the nursery w/ her until the 2 am feeding when I would come get them. So I slept a little, but was mostly awake. I fought the urge to go check on them because I didn't want her to feel like I was checking up on her. I should have checked on them!! 2 am comes around and I go in to the nursery. Only Sofia was in the crib! My heart was pounding! I whip around and look at the bed, all I can see is the comforter up over MIL's head. So at this point I'm freaking out! I yank off teh covers on the bed and there is MIL and Maya!! She had the covers up over both Maya and MIL's head!!!! I was so scared that little Maya had suffocated! Thankfully, she was fine. I could not believe she would do that.

Hubby talked to her the next day and made the rule about no sleeping in bed with them. MIL did not own up to her mistake. She told hubby she would never do anything to hurt them. She apologized to me, NOT for covering Maya with comforter, but for upsetting me. She then went on to say that it was fine because she knew what was going on the whole time.
Um, no you didn't. When I threw the covers off she did not even wake up!!

So that plus lots of other drama equaled a very stressful time for me. I wish she had never even come to visit!

3 comments:

MichelleAnn said...

Oh my gosh!! That's unbelievable!! I would have been so mad! I'm not against co-sleeping (all my kids have slept with us), but not when they were newborns! I can't believe she had the comforter over both of them! The most surprising of all was that she didn't wake up! I'm glad she got to enjoy her grandchildren, but not that she added stress you don't need right now while you're trying to adjust to a new life that's far from easy!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that your mil was a disaster. I'm glad she's gone!

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

I am sorry that MIL wasn't any help and ended up being more stress than anything. I can't believe that she would take one of the girls to bed with her- well, she is home now, and hopefully you can get back to your own schedule- or well, you know :) I am glad that the girls are doing good and the thrush doesn't need to be treated with meds- sounds like you have an awesome pedi for the little ones- keeping you all in my thoughts- hang in there- take care! Sending you lots of love!