Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The girls had their 4 month check up today!
Sofia:
13 lbs 10 oz.
24" long
head circumference: 16 1/4"
50th percentile

Maya:
11 lbs 12oz.
23" long
head circumference: 15 3/4"
10-25th percentile

The pediatrician said they were gaining weight great. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I hear that. I just always get so worried that they aren't gaining enough. But they are!

He also talked to us about starting solids. He said there was debate about whether to start at 4, 5, or 6 months. He didn't have an opinion on it, just said to watch for signs of readiness. So, I may start cereal at 5 1/2 months if I think they are ready. We'll see. I asked him about starting with oatmeal instead of rice and he recommended starting with rice because it is easier to digest and less allergenic. Apparently, allergies have to do with the proteins in foods and rice has less protein. So, I am going to start with rice cereal, even though I didn't plan on it. I'm quickly learning that there are a LOT of things I didn't think I would do ahead of time. But, as you get more information, you change your opinions sometimes!

They had their shots, 2 injections plus rotavirus, and Hubby was there with me this time. It was so much easier with another person! I will be bringing Hubby to all the shots visits if possible!

I went ahead and ordered their highchairs because I got a great deal on them! I ordered them from amazon, and I have prime so it was free shipping. Then, I had a $25 gift certificate and they had a deal running where if I used their "Bill me later" program I got $10 off. So I ended up getting one of the highchairs almost for free! I got the Fisher Price Space Saver highchairs for them. I like that they convert to a booster for later, and they won't take up a lot of room. I just put them on my regular dining room chair. I know people have said you can't push the chair in, but this will still save space.

I can't believe I'm getting ready to feed them solids pretty soon! They are growing up so fast. It's amazing. I go back to work in a month, and I really don't want to.

ws

1 comment:

Hilary said...

They are getting soo big..Adorable!! Hope all is going good for you and the girls,,have a great weekend :)