Monday, March 31, 2008

There is this program where I am where a nurse comes to your house and talks to you, weighs your babies, etc. So I had that today. The nurse was great! She was also a LC! I told her my feeding schedule and she agreed it was crazy. I told her how much I was getting from pumping and she told me that she wouldn't expect me to get much more than that since I am nursing first for about 20-25 min and they are swallowing. So, that made me feel a bit better! She suggested I stop pumping if I wanted to, that I need some down time. And I couldn't agree more. She also suggested I go to the hospital so I can get the girls weighed before and after a feeding. I will do that sometime this week. That way I can get an idea of how much they are getting from me. I think they are getting more because today I breastfed them, and then both hardly took any of their formula! She also thinks I have thrush. I thought my my nips were just sore from the sucking, but it does sound like I could have it. Good to know they shouldn't be this sore!

I called the doctor about the depression things and he told me to take B6 and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I have to call him back. I also talked to the nurse about it and she had me take a quiz and I was borderline. She also told me that it takes about 2-3 weeks for the hormones to level off, but since I was borderline, she could come back in 2 weeks to check on me. I also scheduled a therapist appointment for next week, so I will be ok. But honestly, letting the pumping go has really lifted a huge weight.

Time to go try to get some rest!

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

good luck to you!

Hilary said...

Hang in there Mommy!! Breastfeeding one is hard enough let alone two! You are doing great! Stay positive :)

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

Heather- hang in there- you are doing great, twins are harder breastfeed than just one and getting the nurse to come out to the house was a great idea! The thrush could be causing your temps- make sure you get yourself and the little ones treated or it won't go away and will just get worse and more painful for all three of you- as for the PPD- take a deep breath, you have been through a lot in a short amount of time- take advantage of the help being offered and don't listen to any of the negative comments that anybody says to you about it- you are strong and what ever you need to for yourself and your family to make yourself feel better- that is what is what is right. Hang in there- continuing to think of you always! Sending you all lots and lots of love- if you ever need to talk you know how to get a hold of me!